Universities Australia (UA) expects community members to treat each other with respect and courtesy, including interactions with and on UA accounts established on third-party social media sites.
You understand and agree that UA has ultimate editorial control over its social media accounts. UA may edit, remove or exercise its discretion not to accept or publish your contribution for legal, editorial or operational reasons including if UA considers it to be:
- defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt. UA reserves the right to close comments on posts that may elicit harmful, defamatory or otherwise unlawful user contributions;
- intentionally false or misleading;
- an infringement of intellectual property rights including copyright;
- abusive, offensive or obscene;
- inappropriate, off topic, repetitive or vexatious. For example UA reserves the right to reject contributions that have been widely canvassed in the forum. It also reserves the right to reject contributions from participants who seek to dominate the discussion;
- compromising the privacy of any person or containing inappropriate personal information;
- seeking to endorse commercial products or services;
- seeking to directly solicit donations;
- deliberate provocation of other community members; or
- impersonating someone else and/or posting on behalf of a suspended member.
If you breach these terms, UA may block your account or contributions.
When accessing or participating in a UA-managed space on a third party platform, such as channels, pages or feeds hosted on an external site, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions specified by that third party platform.